Thursday, June 6, 2024

The mysteries that sustain us...

 As a child I became fascinated with the sky and to this day I still silently remain mystified. Astrology and Astronomy have always been such phenomenal things to me. There are plenty of mathematical formulas out there I am sure would offer me a scientific name or explanation about it all but for me those science opinions don’t cut it. I hope I always look at the moon, the stars, the lazy rolling clouds on sunny days and feel the mystery. How do those planets and stars just sit there, suspended by empty air? Where do you think clouds end up after we watch one roll out of our sight? Much is known and much is hypothesized but I choose not to question it. I revel too deeply when I look up at night and try to fathom how far away the moon and stars are. I have always known and shall always know that I don’t know everything and that I am just fine with that. I need something huge to contain and sustain my thoughtful, questioning mind. I want everyday things to amaze me with that phenomenal mystery for all of my life. Grab the tail of something that you hope always keeps your mystery alive. Hold tight to it…whatever it may be. Mine just happens to be the endless elements of what sits above us as well as the space that surrounds us. I enjoy, with pure heart, watching the sunset slide down the horizon and see that multitude of stars break open. I like to look at the pyramids and the many amazing coliseums and such that remain standing through time and only to admire them as I keep their mystery of “how” alive in my thoughts. We all need something that we admire or have an interest in but remains elusive of definition. It is often solely those things of phenomenal mystery that does sustain us! I don’t wish to know how the stars and moon and sun just hang themselves on some invisible force which is assigned to keep them suspended. We don’t know everything because of the limitless mystical forces at play but WORD…we are not designed to know everything just so that we remain moved and captured by something we cannot explain. And when I gaze up at that star filled sky or that clear blue sky with lazy white clouds rolling by, I find all of the proof I need to enforce my belief in the constant presence of that high power. The sky is one glorious phenomenon and when it greets you in the day; greet it in return. And when it bids you goodnight; then bid it so in return. Everything we currently know was once unexplainable. And I shall leave many things that awe me just as they are so that they may always take my breath each time I gaze up. And I shall remain mystified by the pyramids and such unexplainable structures, including the City of Atlantis, so that my curiosity shall always be peaked and remain steadfast with wonder. I shall keep tight to the mysteries that sustain me.


Pam's late night/early morning thoughts...

No comments:

Post a Comment