Thursday, September 12, 2024

Who's that talking to me?

Yep, it's those voices again...are you listening? 

I am not talking about hearing voices that aren't real...I am talking about that voice inside your head, that voice inside your heart, and that voice inside your gut. Now, that sure does sound like an awful lot of voices doing an awful lot of talking and you would be spot on right! The kinda sad part is that we aren't listening to any of them near as much as we should. We drown out our very own "other side to consider" voices because it just seems easier to listen to someone else's voice, say the same thing, to us than it does to listen to our own. Why do you think that is? 

Now, I'm gonna throw you one even better...each of my three mentioned voices (head, heart, gut) will not only each take their turn at speaking to us, but they will also, assuredly, be in conflict with each other in some way as they speak from three very different parts of us. This is how I see it...

The voice inside your head is the voice of logic and will tell you that all reasoning stems from logic...however, we know that is not always true. The voice inside your heart is one of feeling and will tell you that it would never lead you astray...however, we know that is not always true. The voice inside your gut is the voice of independent thought and it will tell you that it is unbiased...however, this one is the one that is most true. This is my own personal thoughts on this gathered from the paths of my own personal journey. When I pause and reflect, now understanding the power of my gut, I can see so many times I would have fared better had I listened to my gut. My gut was indeed unbiased, it had nothing at stake to lose, and it was telling me what I needed to hear but I was too torn between the voice of what either my head or my heart was telling me, which was much more of what I wanted to hear. It applies to everything folks and I mean everything...your needs should always come before your wants. I encourage all to follow what leads you best, but I am willing to bet that everyone can look back and say, at least once, "I should have listened to my gut!" So, having said all of that the next time you wonder, "who's that talking to me," it is one of your three inner voices, and it may be all three of them that show up. I do encourage everyone to pay attention to them, to listen to them, and to tune in completely with your gut before answering to any of them! 


Pam's late-night thoughts...



No comments:

Post a Comment