Wednesday, September 18, 2024

A tribute to a phenomenal woman...my mother

Shirley Dowlen:

You are an amazing woman…an amazing person...life has been one grand journey riding on your coattails as your daughter...you’ve been everything...you've been more than everything...you’ve been at every turn...around every bend...waiting for me to find my way...you’ve been my nourishment and often my very air...you taught me to learn from every step I took...you’ve been my safety net when there were none...you’ve been the voice over every noise...you’ve been the warmth in every freeze...you’ve been the sun behind my clouds...and the rays that shined thru...you’ve been my blanket of comfort for all of my life...you were the steps I began to follow...they helped me lead my own way...every time I wandered, I found you waiting...you’ve been my sounding board and fireside...you were my hope when I lost sight of mine...you’ve been my encouragement in the face of all diversity and challenges…you’ve surrounded me every day...without exception...you’ve overcome incredible odds...done amazing things...you’ve been a salvation to so many who were in need...

So here we are...what could I possibly say that would measure up?...that would even near equaling what you’ve been to me?...I’m a writer, an author, a songwriter and yet the words elude me...therefore I shall tell you simply/deeply/fiercely how much I love, admire, and thank you...

I hope I have served you well in return...my cup always runneth over…❤️


Pam's late-night feelings...




No comments:

Post a Comment