Sunday, February 10, 2013

Before you...

       Before you there was air everywhere but my lungs were not full. Before you there was always spring but I did not see the flowers grow. Before you I was by myself but did not feel alone, I was hollow. Before you the world was constantly going on around me and yet I was so caught up in my own life that I did not move forward with it. Before you there was sun and there was dark but I failed to appreciate a sunset, a sunrise, or the multitude of stars lighting up that darkness.
       The things in the path of my life have been there all along and yet I have been in such a rush to make it to somewhere that I passed so much by with a blind eye or head turned. I was living but I was not alive inside. Perhaps I have been searching for something that I simply knew was missing but did not know what it was; but that was all before you...

No comments:

Post a Comment