Saturday, September 6, 2014

The Voice of "We the people..."

written by: Pamela Scholes


       I wish I could say that this is an easy post for me as it means I am going to have to do some finger pointing for somewhere down the line someone is responsible for actions, reactions, and non-actions. I have asked my friends and social media followers to please voice their opinions with me to help me write this blog. This isn't about me, it is about us- "We the people..."I thank those who kindly lent me their thoughts so I am here to be their voice. It was my promise.
       As those of you who have roamed about my blog page know that I do not dabble in politics or religion but I am here as a voice for many and sadly, that voice is about this country. It is about what is happening to America the beautiful and what is happening that is combating the growth of the land of opportunity? Now, I could run with this far and wide but I am here for you, all of you, because someone has to be and someone needs to be. You are important and your thoughts matter.
       The thoughts of feedback that came to me when I posted the question of what each person would change first if they were given the chance to change one thing in this land of ours. The replies that came from all over the United States saddened me because it became crystal clear how many people are truly just getting by. And what about the other ones, the ones not getting by at all who will, after enough time, no longer care about even getting by- we call them the homeless. They are among us, they are our people, they could be us and for whatever reasons they are there, there is no excuse for a government to allow such a thing to even exist. No person in this country should be without food, shelter, and a chance to make a life they can be proud of. Sadly, those are not God given rights they are government given rights and can be changed at any time in the game. The world has become a chess game and "we the people" are pawns.
         Welfare, I don't even know where to begin on that one. It was devised as a simple system and program to help people get by while trying to help place them in a job. It was to offer some one their chance to make it or lose it but at least they had the chance. We are meant to help those who can not help themselves and the original Welfare program offered just that but that was back when people still cared about one another, back when a helping hand wasn't hard to find. Dont remember this time-that's because it has been a long time ago; seems ancient history.
            We have been made promises that are seldom kept, we have simple questions but the buck never stops. We have real issues concerning real people and as a government the blind eyes have got to stop closing or looking the other way, no situation just goes away without being tended to. When does a better day come? When will things be said and done in a way that makes sense? The homeless-why?-we made many of them that way. Welfare?- what significent move has it made in policy to continue to better those who need it. We could go around this thing for a very long time and I in no way mean any harm or offense but I do not have control of how the truth makes someone feel.I mean, ask a simple question to any government official about an ongoimg issue and just see how mant times you get pushed off. You are given to someone who always has to clarify with someone else. That puts up a red flag with me that it means that no one really knows.
           I am not looking to be wrong or right for there is this grey area and that is where I believe and my responses believe that we are stuck. Our forefathers made things so simple. They stuck firmly to a plan that came from a blank page of paper and a feather pen; and they took that and built a country. They knew they didn't know everything but they knew it would not be learned at the expense of the people. My, that's pretty powerful for a time so long ago but they believed in where they could go. They made it so that there could be an american dream and a land of the beautiful and I am inclined to believe that this is not what they had in mind..
           There is little to no explanation to most of our problems but there is one root that much of it stems from-hatred. We spend ten times more energy hating than we do trying to figure out how to live in harmony. It is a sad epic saga when a country has created much of its own misery and I think that the government overlooks far too many small issues; handle those and there will be less large issues.WE, us out here in this world every day is who this country was founded by and for-its people.
           Where have our standards disappeared to? and why compare one country with another when there will always be differences but we don't have to let this create disruption any longer. And all of the speeches and debates simply are: if they can't sell it to you then they want to make you afraid of it. If you have a cause then tell it, take back your piece of your country and lay claim to your self respect. Be who it is you want to be and do not allow these grand issues to steal your happiness.The government thinks that if they can keep us seperated then we can be easier dealt with. It's a false bill of goods we have been sold, and the policy is "as is". I ponder often about the place we call home and I am just not sure when it all begin to go wrong, but what counts is the voice of "WE the people..."
      

No comments:

Post a Comment