Thursday, January 24, 2013

Why didn't I? ...

        This, if analyzed to the lowest terms, can be a two-way question for we could also ask "Why did I?" I have found that when I look back on most of my regrets it is with a "Why didn't I?" Regrets make us question ourselves, our abilities, beliefs, choices-looking back can be hard. We are hard on ourselves and ask why didn't I try harder? Why didn't I say what I thought more often and share what I felt more often?
         The questions we could pound ourselves with are endless. Why didn't I just give it more time? Why didn't I make more time to spend with those I love and why didn't I watch more sunsets and sunrises? Why didn't I just trust my gut and trust in myself and give it a try more often instead of choosing to sit the dance out? Regets can fester my friends and sometimes leave wide, gapping wounds for as I said this knife cuts both ways but you let that baggage go and take hold of the reigns and steer your path toward what you are proud you did do. Take chances, everything doesn't come with a safety net but don't look back with 'Why didn't I?...

No comments:

Post a Comment